Riding the Cars — A Jigsaw Puzzle for You

“She sat with the newspaper in her lap and went over and over again her interesting puzzle.”

(Missent, by Isabella Alden)

Like Miss Stafford in the above quote from Missent, many of Isabella’s characters solved puzzles. Granted, most of those puzzles involved logic or figuring out a problem in life, but they were puzzles nevertheless.

If you enjoy solving puzzles, too, here’s one of the jigsaw variety. This puzzle will reveal an image that illustrates a phrase that appears in the majority of Isabella’s books:

“Riding the cars.”

Ready to solve the puzzle? Just follow this link to solve the jigsaw puzzle online. Start the puzzle by clicking “Okay,” then just drag and drop the individual pieces in the order you choose.

And if you need some help, just click here to see what the finished puzzle will look like.

Once you’re done, be sure to return here to the blog or Isabella’s Facebook page, and tell us how you liked solving this jigsaw puzzle.

Remember, your comment enters you in a drawing for a $25 Amazon gift card, which will be awarded on Friday, September 21, 2018.

14 Responses to “Riding the Cars — A Jigsaw Puzzle for You”

1. Ryana Lynn Miller September 18, 2018 at 5:51 am #

These are so much fun! Took me 2 minutes and 58 seconds,;)

• Isabella Alden September 18, 2018 at 6:29 am #

Wow, Ryana, you’re an ace puzzle solver! My time was considerably longer. 🙂 —Jenny

2. Rebekah A. Morris September 18, 2018 at 7:01 am #

I did it in 10:19 this time. That beats my time for the last one. It was fun. I love old fashioned pictures and this was delightful. 🙂

3. kristin September 18, 2018 at 7:34 am #

I took longer too. But I had about 145 pieces. I also found that you can make a puzzle out of your own photo! And I enjoyed doing one of those. I can see much time could be wasted on that site 🙂

• Isabella Alden September 18, 2018 at 2:26 pm #

It’s a fun site for creating and sharing your own jigsaw puzzles. Glad you enjoy the site, Kristin! Jenny

4. Ruthann September 18, 2018 at 11:10 am #

Wow, my time was 2:57, I think. Almost the same as Ryana’s! Lol:-)

5. CutePolarBear September 18, 2018 at 1:44 pm #

My time was 14:40. This time I looked at the end result beforehand, too. 😉

CutePolarBear

• Isabella Alden September 18, 2018 at 2:32 pm #

Looking at the result is a big help to me, too. Thanks for commenting! Jenny

6. Ashley September 18, 2018 at 1:50 pm #

My time was considerably longer too. But oh, the pictures are so pretty. Where do you find these prints? I’ve also wondered about the art on the cover of Isabella’s books. Do you know who the artist is? They’re beautiful.

• Isabella Alden September 18, 2018 at 2:36 pm #

Thanks for your comment about the book covers, Ashley. We try hard to find artwork to use on the covers that fits the theme of the story. The art we used for today’s jigsaw puzzle is titled “The Baywater Omnibus” by George William Joy, which he painted in 1895. Jenny

7. Barbara September 18, 2018 at 5:45 pm #