About This Website
This website is maintained to provide a vehicle for showcasing information about author Isabella Alden’s life, books, and short stories.
This website is maintained purely for promotional reasons, meaning, this website does not sell books, stories, or other items.
This website is run on WordPress, and it’s important to understand what that means.
This website runs on WordPress.com. WordPress is a company that provides a variety of services to bloggers, business owners, and other types of enterprises that allow them to create, publish, and manage their own websites.
WordPress provides the structure for this website. They provide the format by which visitors can read this site’s published content on their computer screens, smart phones, or other devices.
WordPress also provides the functionality that allows visitors to leave comments on this site’s blog posts, or respond to poll questions and surveys. They also provide common social media interaction capabilities, such as “likes,” “shares,” and “follows.”
With that introduction in mind, let’s address the information that may be collected from visitors who view this website.
Information We Collect about Visitors to This Website
We collect information about visitors to this website in a few different ways. Some of that information is collected because visitors provide it; some is collected automatically.
Information Visitors Actively Provide to This Website
When you visit this website and type information into a text field or click on certain icons, this website collects and stores that information for future use.
Here are some examples of the most common ways a visitor actively provides information to this website:
- Follow and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to this website, we collect the sign-up information the visitor provides, which typically includes the visitor’s name and email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on this website, we collect that comment and other information that the visitor provides with the comment, such as the visitor’s name, email address, and IP address.
- Poll and Survey Responses: When a visitor completes a poll, quiz, or any other form of survey on this website, we collect the visitor’s responses to those surveys, and other information associated with the survey, such as a visitor’s email address.
Information that is Automatically Collected from This Website
Because we use WordPress.com to provide the functionality for this website, WordPress.com also collects information about visitors to this website.
WordPress collects all of the same information a visitor actively provides to this website, such as:
- Information you enter into a text field
- Your name
- Your email address
- Comments you leave on blog posts or website pages
- Poll and survey responses
WordPress.com collects this information so the features on this website function correctly.
In addition, WordPress.com collects other data about visitors to the website that is required for normal website functionality. That data includes the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a website, which may include the visitor’s:
- IP address
- Browser type
- Unique device identifiers
- Language preference
- Referring site
- The date and time of access
- Operating system
- Mobile network information
WordPress also collects cookies.
A Quick Word about Cookies . . .
A cookie is a string of data a website stores on a visitor’s computer when a visitor first views a website. The visitor’s browser then provides those cookies back to the website each time the visitor returns.
This website does not allow ads. You should never see a paid advertisement of any kind when you visit this website.
This website does collect cookies to the extent they are required for normal website functionality. These cookies, collected by WordPress.com, cannot be turned off because the website would not operate properly without them. The cookies that are collected do not store personal data; they store only identifiers that help track your website usage and preferences.
If you’d like to know more about the kind of information WordPress.com collects when visitors view this site, please click here.
How We Share Visitor Information
We do not share or sell information about visitors to this website with any third parties.
Personal Information We Already Collected from You
If you already subscribe to this website and receive notices when we publish a new blog post, you have already given us and WordPress.com consent to collect personal information about you related to your subscription.
If you already posted a comment on this website or on any of its blog posts, you have already given us and WordPress.com consent to collect personal information about you related to that comment.
If you already clicked on a “Like,” “Share,” or “Follow” icon on this website, you have already given us consent to collect personal information about you related to the icon you selected.
Length of Time Your Data Will be Stored
Your data will be stored indefinitely or until you ask us to remove your personal information from our website.
You have the right at any time to ask us to remove your personal information from our blog subscriber list.
You can do so by:
- Clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of any email or other form of notification you receive from us. By clicking on the “unsubscribe” link your personal information will be removed from this website and you will no longer receive automatic updates from the website when a new article or blog post appears.
- Contacting us directly. You can request that your personal information be removed from this website by sending an email that includes your name and email address, which will help us properly identify you in our website records. Send your request to remove your personal information to:
When You Provide Personal Information, You Provide Consent
When you visit this website, and you take any of the following actions, you give us permission to collect personal information about you:
- Leave a comment on this website
- Subscribe to this website to receive updates by email when we publish a new post on the blog
- Click the “Like” button on an article or blog post on the website
- Click “Share” on an article or blog post on the website to share content via any social media platform
- Click “Follow” on an article, blog post, or visitor comment thread on the website
If You Do NOT Consent . . .
If you do not consent to having this website collect personal information about you, please do not complete any text fields on the site.
Do not type your email address into the “Subscribe to Receive Updates” field on the website.
Do not type a comment into the “Leave a Reply” field on a website page or blog post.
Do not click on any of the social media icons under the “Share This” section of a post or page on the website.
You Have the Right to Lodge a Complaint
If you work or reside in the European Union, and you believe this website is in violation of the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authorities (DPAs).
DPAs are independent public authorities that monitor and supervise the application of the General Data Protection Regulation. They provide expert advice to consumers on data protection issues and handle complaints against entities that may have breached GDPR requirements.
Please click here for information on how to contact your country’s DPA.